Thrill of the Grill returns for its 8th year. This is a popular community event organized by the Danforth Business Improvement Area to showcase its merchants and excellent eateries, and to raise funds for kidney cancer research. This updated event will have many exciting new features:
- My pop is tops contest to crown the King of the Grill - to honour Danforth’s and Toronto’s most deserving dad/father figure. (May 10-May 20)
- Broader menu featuring more choices from the Grill (beef, chicken, fish, ribs etc.) Participants will be able to sample signature dishes from the Danforth BIA’s best restaurants and food shops.
- Jack Daniel’s Cocktail contest featuring Whiskey Sour recipes by members where participants will vote for the best cocktail to be the Danforth Thrill of 2017.
The Food Network’s Chef Lynn Crawford will co-host with Tommy Smythe of HGTV Canada and House and Home magazine. The event is chaired by Dr. Georg Bjarnason, Kidney Cancer specialist from the Odette Cancer Centre at Sunnybrook.
This year’s restaurants include Allen’s; The Combine Eatery; Factory Girl; Globe Bistro; Edmund Burke, De La Mer fish market and butcher The Meat Department.
Meet our Celebrity Judging Panel: Chef Lora Kirk, Ruby WatchCo; Geoff Rohoman, 680 News; Norm Wilner of Now Magazine; Karon Liu, Toronto Star Food Writer, Taylor Corrigan, Jack Daniel's Brand Ambassador; Adrianne O'Halloran, Sunnybrook Foundation; Jason Burnett, Olympic Silver Medalist (Trampoline), and Dr. Georg Bjarnason, Odette Cancer Centre.
Sponsors include: Sunwing Vacations, Loblaws, Royal Bank, Pfizer Onoclogy, Toronto Star, Now Magazine, Rosedale Livery, Eska Water, Gnarly Head Wines, Steam Whistle Beer, Second Cup, Kamado Joe BBQ and Neal Brothers kettle chips.
Your participation in the Thrill of the Grill supports kidney cancer patients at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre and across the country.
Every $20 ticket includes:
- The Feast Menu
- Allen's - Sirloin Sandwiches
- The Edmund Burke - Chicken Wings
- Globe Bistro - Roasted Pig
- The Combine Eatery - Thrill Award-winning Ribs
- Factory Girl - Grilled Sausages
- De la mer - Salmon Burgers & Smoke Salmon Sausages
- The Meat Department - A grilled medley
- Grilled Corn done two ways
- The Feast Beverages
- Gnarly Head Wine Samples
- SteamWhistle Beer Samples
- 4 Jack Daniel's Whiskey Sour Samples
- ESKA Water
- Second Cup Summer Samples
- Dad's Root Beer Samples
- 1 Sunwing Contest Entry for a chance to win a fabulous trip for 2 to Cancun, Mexico!
$10 Ticket includes Corn, Drinks, and a Contest Entry